Workshop on ‘Execution Excellence in Service Industry’Savoir Faire
Date: 18th – 19th Jan 2019
Time: 09:30am to 05:00pm
Every organisation excels by consistently creating and fulfilling customer expectation profitably. In case of a service industry, the challenge more often is hidden rather than explicit. There are many challenges that makes it imperative for the service industry to excel in execution.
Challenges of a service industry
- Difficulty in defining a product or service clearly
- Multiple divisions interact with the customer directly
- Hidden work in progress
- Ever changing Human – Technology interface
- Difficulty of measurements
- Multiple stakeholders at the customer end with varying needs
- Lack of cost visibility
- Sudden changes in regulatory framework
- Human intensive processes
All these challenges lead to
- High variability in processes
- Intangible outputs
- Changes in processes
Every dynamic process has some method underneath it.
Unlike the manufacturing sector, processes in service industry has higher variability. However, there is an inbuilt consistency in any process, however, chaotic it may seem. Execution excellence stems from three dimensions of approaching the process:
- Ensure underlying stability of process through Measurements and methods
- Enable a culture of continuous improvement of the processes
- Creating breakthrough changes in process to make it more adaptable to the future challenges
A lot can be learned from manufacturing sector to address these three dimensions. Methods like 5S, Six sigma, Kaizen, Makigami, Multiskilling, etc that have emerged from manufacturing are highly applicable to service sector as well. However, one needs to understand and adapt the measurements and methods to suit the service industry dynamics.
Explore the methods to enable execution excellence in service sector, adapting the methods to suit the dynamics of the specific domain.
- Alignment of People, Process to purpose to prosper
- Understanding the concept of Excellence – Outside in
- Three eyes of Buddha – Stability, Improvement and Breakthrough
- Process stability – the bedrock of Execution Excellence – Measurements, methods, variability
- Perfect Process to create and sustain customer value
- Process Improvement – Reacting and creating methods to meet the dynamic changes
- Creating Breakthrough solutions – looking beyond the boundaries – Customer Experience map and empathy
Illustration of concepts with theoretical framework, reinforcing the concepts with suitable case studies and presentations. The participants shall be working in groups to explore their own business in the context of deliberations during the workshop
Heads of businesses, operations and business development from service sector like IT, Insurance, Bank, Logistics, Hospitality and Health Care. It will be ideal to have three participants from each company. This can enable to address company specific challenges, possible solutions and way forward.
Hariharan cofounded Savoir faire Management services who guide the organisations on business excellence, cost excellence enabled by informed decision making. He is a pioneer in the field of Strategic Cost Management. He has developed and implemented frameworks integrating Design, Operations Management and Financial Impact across industries. For almost three decades, he has been advising companies across industries, like Steel, Cement, Power, Bank, Insurance, Automobile, FMCG, eCommerce, Projects, etc. He has been a prolific writer and a quite sought after faculty and Trainer. He has been involved with CII Centers of Excellence since inception. Hariharan is a Chartered Accountant, Management Accountant, by qualification and Certified in Design thinking from MIT, Sloan
Dates / Schedule of sessions
18 – 19 January 2019
Registration: 18 January 2019 | 9:00 am to 9:30am
Sessions: 18 – 19 January 2019 | 9:30am to 5:00pm
CII Naoroji Godrej Centre of Manufacturing Excellence, Godrej Station-Side Colony, Opposite Railway Station, Vikhroli (East), Mumbai – 400 079
Participation Fees (on non-residential basis)
|Type of Organisation||Fees per Participant|
|CII Members (Large and Medium)||Rs.11,000/- (+ 18% GST)|
|CII SSI Members||Rs.8,500/- (+18% GST)|
|Non Member Companies||Rs.12,500/- (+18% GST)|
Fees include participation, course material (hard copies), working veg lunch and tea / coffee / breakfast. Advance payment of fees is to be drawn in favour of “Confederation of Indian Industry”.
5% on 2 nominations from an organization.
10% on 3 or more nominations from an organization.
- Participation fees is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of CII, but change in nomination(s) is accepted.
- Registration:Prior registration for participation by the sponsoring companies is necessary.
- Maximum admissions will be limited to 25 only
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all participants who will attend the programme fully.
Nominations & Enquiries
CII Naoroji Godrej Centre of Manufacturing Excellence
Godrej Station-Side Colony
Opp Railway Station, Vikhroli (East)
Mumbai – 400 079
Tel : (022) 2574 5146 / 5148
Mobile : 9867739660
Email : email@example.com